A commission is when a person or organization hires me to create a specific painting. All commissions are a collaboration, meaning that they are not all accepted and they are not created in a vacuum. There is a discussion which results in a painting.
1) You contact me with an idea. To secure your place in line, you place a 50% non-refundable deposit. Payment installments may be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
2) We discuss what I need to complete it. This differs for different paintings. A pet portrait may require multiple photos and a portrait may require me knowing about the person.
3) When I begin, I send you progress photos at my discretion. I may ask you questions, or for feedback. This is an opportunity to have influence over the finished piece.
4) When the piece is finished, you may request that it be varnished or not varnished, gift wrapped or not wrapped. Please note, varnishing adds 4-7 days of drying time, depending on the weather.
5) Upon delivery, the remainder of the fee is due.
How can I book a commission?
All commissions require a 50% non-refundable deposit due upon booking to hold your spot. This shows both your commitment to the project and shows my commitment back to making sure you get your product.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the contact form.
Commissions are priced 20% higher than the current price for original work. This is to reflect the additional work that is required on all commissions.
All paintings are priced by the size - measured in square inches.
(all paintings are measured in inches)
all paintings listed are 3/4" deep, for other sizes, please contact us.
for highly detailed, difficult or complex pieces, additional fees may apply.
(these prices are only valid for the 2021 calendar year)
Some of the factors that will go into how long you will wait will be: where you are on the list, the size of the commission, the business of Erin's schedule.
If you have a time-sensitive commission, contact the shop to see if we can meet your deadline.
Terms and Conditions for commissions